Almond Tofu with Green Chili Sauce
This delicious Almond Tofu with Green Chili Sauce is a fantastic vegetarian keto dish. It bursts with Asian inspired flavors of sesame oil, garlic, chili flakes, and liquid aminos. Enjoy over a bed of steamed broccoli or cauliflower rice.
1 package firm tofu
1/8 cup almonds, raw and sliced
2 tbsp liquid aminos
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp chili flakes
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
1 tbsp sesame seeds, 3/4 for cooking, 1/4 for topping
1 tbsp hot sauce, such as Sriracha (optional)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli, for serving
- Wrap the tofu in paper towels and apply pressure to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Chop the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over high heat, add tofu to the hot pan and stir fry until golden and crispy. Add the almonds and cook another minute or two with the tofu.
- Sprinkle with spices and most of the sesame seeds. Reserve some sesame for garnish.
- To the pan, add 2 tablespoons of water and liquid aminos.
- Continue to cook until all liquid has evaporated.
- Add in your favorite sauce, such as Sriracha.
- Serve over a bed of steamed broccoli. Finish with sesame seeds and a drizzle of sesame oil.
- Substitute cauliflower rice or sautéed snow peas and mushrooms for broccoli, if you prefer!