Avocado and Walnut Salad
This delicious and nutritious keto salad combines crispy lettuce, red onion, avocado, and walnuts. Dressed with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette, this salad delivers tons of flavor while providing the nutrition your body needs to keep you in fat burning ketosis!
2 cups green leaf lettuce, chopped
1 slice red onion, quartered into half moons
1/2 avocado, sliced
10 walnut halves
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup bleu cheese or goat cheese crumbles
- Arrange lettuce on a plate or in a bowl. Top with onion, avocado, walnuts, and cheese (if using).
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle over salad.
- For added protein, add some diced chicken or hard boiled egg.
- You may use a store bought keto salad dressing, if you prefer.
- If looking for brand suggestions, we love Primal Kitchen and Chosen Food Dressings & Food to Live brand walnuts!