Zoodles with Creamy Avocado Pesto
These Zoodles with Creamy Avocado Pesto are light and refreshing while delivering all the healthy fats and veggies your body needs while living a ketogenic lifestyle. Serve this dish on its own, or add shrimp or chicken.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
1 1/4 cup basil
1/3 cup water
¼ cup pine nuts
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make zoodles by using a spiralizer or peeler.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute minced garlic until fragrant. Add zoodles and saute just a minute. Remove to bowl, draining any liquid.
- To make pesto, add basil, water, pine nuts, lemon juice and avocado to a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add sauce to bowl with zoodles. Toss to coat the zoodles. Add tomato halves, season with salt and pepper, and toss again.
- Portion into bowls for serving.
- You can substitute walnuts for pine nuts.
- You can also use Shirataki noodles in place of the zucchini, just saute them a bit longer.
- Many grocery stores now carry spiralized zucchini in the produce section or we love these tools to easily make yourself Zoodle Slicer or Spiralizer
- If looking for a pre-made pesto brand recommendation, we love ROI pesto!