Goat Cheese Stuffed Zucchini
This recipe combines flavors of spinach, garlic, olive oil, marinara, goat cheese. These bake up golden and delicious, and are quick, easy, and fun to eat!
1 medium-sized zucchini
2 garlic cloves
4 tbsp olive oil
2 cups baby spinach
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp unsweetened marinara sauce
8 oz goat cheese
- Set oven to 375°F to preheat.
- Slice the zucchini the long way, remove the seeds and set aside, but do not discard.
- Place zucchini on a baking sheet.
- Thinly slice the garlic. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute the garlic, about a minute.
- Add the spinach and zucchini seeds to the skillet. Saute until spinach until it wilts, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon marinara over zucchini and top with spinach/garlic mixture. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil before serving.
- If you aren’t a fan of goat cheese, replace with ricotta or mozzarella cheese.