This flavorful salad is a fantastic choice for any night of the week. With all the taste of the Mediterranean, you’ll be delighted with every bite. Optional add-ins make this dish vegetarian friendly, or you can double up the protein for a meat lover feast.
- For the Salad:
1 (8 oz) bag of kale/lettuce salad blend
1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cucumber, diced
1/3 cup red onion, sliced or chopped
1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup sliced Pepperoncini peppers
Red wine vinaigrette to taste
- For the Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place lettuce in a large salad bowl. Top with all other salad ingredients.
- Whisk all ingredients together for the vinaigrette.
- Portion salad into bowls and dress with vinaigrette.
- Top this salad with grilled chicken, shrimp, or steak. You could also add slivered almond, hemp hearts, or pumpkin seeds for vegetarian alternatives!
- If looking for brand recommendations, we love Primal Kitchen and Chosen Food Dressings!